GET_INvolved JAPAN: JSPS Research Fellowships
JSPS Research Fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Researchers to Study in Japan - DAAD
The aim of the programme is to enable highly qualified German doctoral researchers and early-career scientists to spend a short period of research at universities and selected research institutions in Japan, in cooperation with the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).
Who can apply?
The programme is open to early-career scientists and doctoral researchers of all disciplines of German nationality or with a permanent residence permit in Germany.
What can be funded?
Funding is provided for research projects at universities and selected research institutions in Japan.
The fellowship has a duration of
- 1 to 12 months for doctoral researchers
- 1 to 6 months for postdocs
The JSPS fellowship includes the following benefits:
- Outbound and return flights
- A monthly scholarship rate for doctoral researchers of approx. 200.000 Yen
- A monthly scholarship rate for postdoctoral researchers of approx. 362.000 Yen
- Travel health insurance
- For stays of three months or more, an initial allowance of approx. 200.000 Yen
- Funding can only be granted in instalments for each full month
Deadlines for applications depend on how long you will stay in Japan:
Fellowship startet between 1 July 2022 and 3 September 2022
Submit applications to DAAD no later than 3 January 2022
Link (German): https://www2.daad.de/ausland/studieren/stipendium/de/70-stipendien-finden-und-bewerben/?detail=10000361
Please refer to the recent announcements from the Task Force Health and Human Resources about business trips.
Dr. Pradeep Ghosh (Stab GF/International Prorgamme)
Tel.: +49 61591-71-3257