[India] Call for Applications - Working Internships in Science and Engineering
The programme targets Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who wish to do a research internship at a publicly-funded German higher education institution or a research institute.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- They need to belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions (list of institutions). The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) and Institutions of Eminence status with availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Master’s degrees respectively.
- They should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences.
- They should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelor’s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- They should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship
Eligibility for applicants
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must have an aggregate percentage of 85% and above or CGPA 8.5/10 and above of all completed semesters at the time of application. All transcripts of completed semesters must be submitted.
- Applicants must be a registered student of her/his institution. It is necessary to obtain a “No Objection Certificate” for the entire duration of the internship from the home institute. This form is available under the category “Application Procedure” of the programme announcement.
- The “Approval Form” (see under "Application Procedure") is mandatory and must be completely filled out by the German host. The document must clearly mention the exact start and end dates of the internship.
- Applicants must submit a CV and a short research proposal along with the documents mentioned above.
- German language skills are not mandatory.
- Very good proficiency of the English language is expected.
What can be funded:
The financial support by DAAD:
- A monthly scholarship of 861 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 25 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of currently 1,050 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
Closing date for applications:
10 November 2023
Mrs. Seda Stepanyan
Tel.: +49-6159-71- 3555